Tuesday, May 15, 2007

How iBreakfast Helped Launch MarketingSherpa

MarketingSherpa Founder, Anne Holland, wrote:
"iBreakfast helped me launch MarketingSherpa successfully in three significant ways. First, as an attendee watching my peers present I learned an extraordinary amount about what works (and what doesn't) when giving a compelling elevator pitch to a crowd of strangers. Then by networking with fellow-attendees, I wound up making connections with critical business partners who understood and appreciated our unique business needs as a start-up venture versus a "normal" potential client. Lastly -- and perhaps most importantly -- despite the fact that, caffeinated to the gills, I talked waaaay too quickly during my presentation, when I sat back down the gentleman next to me introduced himself and wound up becoming our very first angel investor.

Without his investment, his enthusiasm, and ongoing mentoring for several years after that, MarketingSherpa would have been much harder to launch successfully. Now seven years later after my iBreakfast presentation, MarketingSherpa is a research firm with a quarter of a million business customers around the world and six years of healthy, growing, profits. Every good idea needs a solid kickstart -- iBreakfast was a big part of ours."

No comments: