Here's what she learned from top people in the industry:
Facebook is a new tool for journalists, job hunting tips, blogging and how to use Twitter and LinkedIn the right way.
* Keep twitter professional, it’s business
* Show a specific focus in person and on Twitter & blogs
* Social media can be overwhelming, test new sites to see how they work for you before fully committing
* Spend time on blog posts and tweets, check grammar, use tags, links and pictures
* Keep your audience in mind when you’re active in social media, don’t bore them
* Showing your interests on social media gives you character, blogs don’t have to relate to your career.
Read here for additional coverage.